With age, your skin thins and decreases in elasticity. As a result, wrinkles, age spots, and skin tags become common. There are various ways to help improve your skin on your own such as reducing alcohol consumption, increasing water consumption, wearing sunscreen, not smoking, and avoiding hot showers. These “self-help” methods will give you beautiful skin but are not a quick fix for skin that is already damaged from all these elements.
We see a lot of patients in our medical spa and it is no secret that the areas that people want a quick fix for are typically the face, hands, eyes, and neck areas. We have many treatments available to help improve the signs of aging such as fillers/injectables, facials, laser treatments, micro-needling, product, and much more.
If you already have damage in any of these areas, it is best to start making positive changes to your daily routine now. If you want to improve these areas immediately, it is best to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced team members at Victory MedSpa.
Four Areas of the Body That Show Signs of Aging First
The hands are almost always exposed to the elements as we only wear gloves in the wintertime. We expose them directly to the sun as we are driving or even as we are walking outside. As a result, it is important to apply sunscreen to the back of your hands as well as apply a hand cream daily. The hands start to show signs of aging in one’s 20s, but many people notice the signs in their 30s and 40s. It is important to start caring for your hands now. If your hands show signs of aging and you want fantastic results, then consider laser treatment, micro-needling, or even a chemical peel on this area.
Hyperpigmentation often occurs as we grow older and can be greatly affected by the amount of sun exposure our face has. In addition to eating healthy and drinking a lot of water, it is important to wear sunscreen daily and even consider a brightening serum to help even your skin tone. For wrinkles and hyperpigmentation that do not go away easily fillers, chemical peels, micro-needling, as well as laser treatments can be offered at our medical spa.
Our eyes may appear sunken, have dark circles around them, or develop fine lines as we laugh or smile. It is important to keep this area of your face well hydrated, drink a lot of water, get enough sleep, and consume less salt to reduce any puffiness. Alcohol is also a major contributor of puffiness in this area. If you are looking for a more satisfying improvement, consider a muscle relaxer or filler in the area in order to improve the aging effect.
Many people dread growing older and developing a “turkey neck”, but unfortunately this area is one of the first to show signs of aging due to how much sun exposure this area gets as well as how thin the skin is. It is important to use the same product you use on your face on your neck as well. There are a variety of treatments the team at Victory MedSpa can perform in order to produce a more desirable effect as well.
Additional Services Offered by Victory Medical
Did You Know… Victory Medical is a one stop shop. We offer additional services for your convenience so you can tackle all of your health needs in one spot.
Victory Medical Offers:
- Primary Care: annual physicals, blood work, medication management, EKG, Vaccines, X-rays, Blood work
- Heartwise Physical: a comprehensive, preventative, non-invasive, head-to-toe evaluation, that includes 26 tests and takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Pharmacy: receive prescriptions through the convenience of our pharmacy. We also offer compounded prescriptions custom measured and compounded specifically for you.
- Urgent Care: Get help whenever you may need it with our Urgent Care clinics that have extended hours.
- Natural Hormone Replacement: Want to rejoin the human race and experience renewed energy, a fulfilling sex life, and happiness again? Don’t let the effects of aging drag you down.
- MedSpa: Look and feel beautiful at our MedSpa where you will receive quality treatments and products as well as beauty consultations
- Coolsculpting: The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise.
- Ketamine Therapy: Ketamine is rapid acting, has a short duration of action, and has been known to drastically help those affected by Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and PTSD.
- Allergy: Allergy testing can improve your quality of life and shed light on the cause or trigger of your bothersome symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: Victory Medical provides state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation for pain management, neurological ailments, and the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and post-surgical needs.
- Chiropractic Therapy: Manage pain, heal faster, reduce stress, enjoy life
- Weight Loss: Medical weight loss is an effective option for individuals who haven’t had success with other methods, and for people who need their health and safety monitored every step of the way.
Ask a staff member for more information about any of our services or schedule an appointment by calling 512-462-DOCS (3627)