Micro-needling is a treatment for a wide variety of skin issues. It can be used to address wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging. You can also treat scars, stretch marks, and hyperpigmentation.
How Does a Micro-needling Treatment Work?
A micro-needling treatment is performed using a medical device that contains tiny needles and is used specifically to treat the skin by creating tiny microchannels inside the skin. This is accomplished by needles that oscillate allowing the device to travel smoothly over the skin. This causes the skin to renew and repair itself.
This skin treatment is a fantastic option for those who are worried about recovery time or injections because the pain is minimal. You can go back to work immediately after this non-invasive treatment. Another added perk of Micro-needling is that it can be safely used on all skin types and tones.
Micro-needling Helps Reduce Wrinkles and Fine Lines
Micro-needling can produce results like fractional lasers when used on wrinkles and fine lines. Lasers have been known to present a risk of hypopigmentation and hyperpigmentation; however micro-needling does not have that same risk. This is because it is not a heat-based treatment and it is solely relying on your body’s own regenerative forces to heal and improve the texture and tone of skin post-treatment.
How Micro-needling Works
The science behind the procedure is that the micro-needling device is turned on and the trained aesthetician glides the device back and forth over clean skin. When this motion happens, the tiny needles inside the device oscillate back and forth creating tiny wounds that are so small they will not be noticed later. These tiny microscopic wounds signal to the body that it is injured, and the body then sends signals to the skin to activate its repair procedures with collagen. Collagen is a very important protein that helps with skin elasticity. The older you get, the less collagen you produce. Therefore, you will notice that skin tends to sag and wrinkle in the elderly population of people.
Micro-needling gives your skin a jump-start to produce as much collagen as it did when you were younger and helps to smooth wrinkles and reduce fine lines.
How Many Micro-Needling Treatments Will I Need?
Most people tend to see results a few weeks after their first treatment, however most people will need multiple treatments to achieve the best results. Another concept to remember is that your skin is constantly aging due to time and environmental factors. As you age you will need to continue treatments to achieve the best results.
Additional Services Offered by Victory Medical
Did You Know… Victory Medical is a one stop shop. We offer additional services for your convenience so you can tackle all of your health needs in one spot.
Victory Medical Offers:
- Primary Care: annual physicals, blood work, medication management, EKG, Vaccines, X-rays, Blood work
- Heartwise Physical: a comprehensive, preventative, non-invasive, head-to-toe evaluation, that includes 26 tests and takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Pharmacy: receive prescriptions through the convenience of our pharmacy. We also offer compounded prescriptions custom measured and compounded specifically for you.
- Urgent Care: Get help whenever you may need it with our Urgent Care clinics that have extended hours.
- Natural Hormone Replacement: Want to rejoin the human race and experience renewed energy, a fulfilling sex life, and happiness again? Don’t let the effects of aging drag you down.
- MedSpa: Look and feel beautiful at our MedSpa where you will receive quality treatments and products as well as beauty consultations
- Coolsculpting: The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise.
- Ketamine Therapy: Ketamine is rapid acting, has a short duration of action, and has been known to drastically help those affected by Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and PTSD.
- Allergy: Allergy testing can improve your quality of life and shed light on the cause or trigger of your bothersome symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: Victory Medical provides state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation for pain management, neurological ailments, and the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and post-surgical needs.
- Chiropractic Therapy: Manage pain, heal faster, reduce stress, enjoy life
- Weight Loss: Medical weight loss is an effective option for individuals who haven’t had success with other methods, and for people who need their health and safety monitored every step of the way.
Ask a staff member for more information about any of our services or schedule an appointment by calling 512-462-DOCS (3627)