How to Practice Preventive Care
There are indisputable ways to maintain good health, and to help prevent future problems. Here are a few tips for you:
- Maintain a Good Weight: Weight management is one of the best ways to prevent so many other problems from emerging. Being extremely overweight or obese leads to heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and varying cancers. To keep your weight in line, we have different options for you at our Marble Falls TX preventive medicine facilities. We offer ways to help you to discover how to eat well and exercise regularly. Often, people are unaware of what certain foods are doing to their overall health. We share our knowledge so you can start down the road to a healthier way of living every day.
- Physical Health Screenings: There are many screenings you can test for, including knowing about Type 2 diabetes, prostate cancer, breast cancer, osteoporosis, high cholesterol, cervical cancer, and colorectal cancer. Especially if there is a family history of any of these problems, you will want to get yourself tested regularly to know, without a doubt, that you are in the clear.
- Wellness Exams: Our Marble Falls TX annual wellness exams, also known as yearly physicals, will let you know if anything has changed about your health in the previous twelve months. Your provider will check for things such as your weight, blood pressure, heart rate, height, cholesterol, glucose levels, and more. Depending on your age, your provider will provide you recommendations to help you stay healthy. If you are a woman, you will want additional exams, such as a visit with your gynecologist and to have a yearly mammogram. Through our Marble Falls TX health screenings, you can be more confident that you are maintaining good health.
- Heart Disease Screening: There is no time like the present to get a heart disease screening at our Marble Falls TX facility. Today’s exams are incredibly accurate, and can pinpoint areas of concern, that years ago may have been overlooked. You do not want to rule out other health issues either. Having stroke screening done will have you feeling a lot better about yourself once you are given a clean bill of health from our Marble Falls TX clinic.
- Vaccines: There are many vaccines to consider beside the COVID-19 vaccines and their booster shots. Vaccines are some of our most popular means of preventive care, and they are highly effective against things such as shingles, tetanus, pneumonia, influenza, and hepatitis A. For older adults, maintaining health is also about being well-informed about what types of vaccines you should be considering.
- Mental Health Screenings: Many people will wait for a consequence before seeking out mental health services. It does not have to be that way, as mental health screenings can help prevent things like substance abuse disorders that can ultimately result in death. Depression and other mental health problems can lead to destructive ways of living. Our Marble Falls TX preventive care services have the resources to show you how to prevent these behaviors from taking over your life. We strive to resolve mental health issues before they cause problems in other areas of your life, and the lives of your loved ones.
Preventive care may mean different things to different people, but at Victory Medical, we define preventive care as those things which will keep you healthy, avoid or delay sickness, or manage a current condition. Our Marble Falls TX preventive care experts work with you and your family to show you the options available to you and to save on your healthcare costs by investing in a healthy lifestyle today.
Our Marble Falls TX preventive care services include:
- Blood pressure
- Mammograms (not performed in office)
- Colonoscopies (not performed in office)
- Well-baby and well-child visits
- Weight loss
- Depression and other mental health issues
- Quitting smoking
- Eating healthy
- Heart/Stroke screenings
- And more
Take Care of Yourself with Preventive Care in Marble Falls TX at Victory Medical
The best feature of preventive care is that it focuses on you and informs you on the state of your health. Even if you have been delaying, or have never had a wellness visit before, now is the time to get your body the extra help it might need right now. Our health screening professionals will work with you to help you gain the advantage like never before.
Preventive care benefits are always covered by your insurance, and there are no co-pays for many services you receive year-to-year. Our doctors will perform age-appropriate screenings for every stage of life, helping you to manage short-term health challenges, as well as advise you on how to guard yourself against preventable diseases in the future.
Never take your good health for granted. You want it to stay that way, and with the help of our Marble Falls TX preventive care services at Victory Medical, you are well on your way. Contact us today for a consultation.