Can Botox Prevent Wrinkles?
How Does Botox Work?
Botox blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles. The injected muscle can no longer contract, which causes the wrinkles to relax and soften. It is most often used on forehead lines, crow’s feet (lines around the eye) and frown lines. Wrinkles caused by sun damage and gravity will not respond to Botox, however, can be helped with dermal fillers.
What is a Botox Treatment Like?
Botox treatments are relatively quick and virtually painless. The Botox medication is administered by an ultra-fine needle directly into the area being treated. If one experiences discomfort, it is usually brief and minimal. Many people enjoy getting Botox administered during their lunch break because it is quick, and they are able to return to work the same day. Some patients might have slight redness in the area where the Botox was injected, but it is usually minimal and typically does not last long.
How Soon Does Botox Take Effect?
When injected appropriately, results can be seen shortly after the first treatment. Botox usually takes 2 to 4 days for the muscle weakening to occur so that results can be properly seen. Patients often state they feel “heaviness” in the area that was treated which prevents them from being able to move those muscles to cause additional wrinkles. Typically, around 10 to 14 days, many patients will feel and see the maximum effects of Botox and those effects will last for several months.
Some patients will often ask, “How long does it take for Botox to work on certain types of wrinkles? Should I get some shots earlier than others?” While most Botox injections work the same on forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet, and frown lines that appear between the brows, the injections tend to work faster on smaller wrinkles. However, results will vary between patients depending on how your body responds to the treatment.
Another thing to consider is that if you are wanting to have Botox treatment before a big event or pictures taken, it is ideal to have your treatment planned out at least 2 weeks in advance so the full effect can be seen in time. This will also allow time for any minimal bruising, swelling or redness that may occur to heal.
How Long Does Botox Last the First Time?
Results last longer after several sessions, as the skin has more time to regenerate the collagen it needs to fill in those lines and wrinkles. When injected for cosmetic purposes, Botox lasts four to six months on average, but you can expect the effects of your first treatment to wear off faster.
What Areas Can Be Treated with Botox?
Many people use Botox to treat frown lines that sit between the eyebrows, forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet that are near the eyes, and marionette lines that are near the mouth however there are various additional areas that can benefit from Botox use.
How Much Does Botox Cost?
The cost of Botox differs based on how many units are needed, the area of treatment, the person’s previous Botox use, and the severity of issues in the area needing treatment. Botox comes in 100-unit vials and a person is charged a certain amount per unit. It is always best to call ahead and find out if Victory MedSpa has any specials and obtain current pricing. Some patients are concerned about the cost involved with Botox injections but should consider that Botox injections are an investment you are making in prolonging your youthful face. It may be ideal to schedule continuous appointments to achieve optimal results as every day that goes by adds to the aging process. Many patients will often invest in 3-4 appointments the first year and then 2-3 appointments the next year to continue their maintenance.
Why Did My Husband Get Charged More for Botox?
Botox treatment is all about customizing your ideal treatment. Although there are guidelines for how many units one should inject in certain areas, it will really depend on your injector’s expert eyes as well as the size of the muscle and movement you are wanting worked on. Men typically have larger muscles so there is a chance that your husband has larger muscles and more movement in the same area as you which will result in more Botox use.
How Much Botox Will I Need?
Botox use and quantity needed will depend on the size of muscle you are wanting to limit movement.
- Frown or Glabellar Lines: 15-25 Botox units
- Crow’s feet: 5-15 Botox units per side
- Forehead lines: 10-30 Botox unites
- Eyebrows: 2-5 Botox units per side
- Nasalis “Bunny” lines: 5-10 Botox units
- Upper lip lines: 4-8 Botox units
- Smile lift: 3-6 Botox units
- Dimpled chin: 2-6 Botox units
- Marionette lines: 2-8 Botox units
- Pout boost: 2-4 Botox units
- Gummy smile: 2-4 Botox units
- Neck bands: 25-50 Botox units
How Long Does Botox Last?
Botox typically lasts 4-6 months, but not everyone has the same results, and this can be affected by one’s metabolism and movement of the muscles.
“I Have Been to Other Practices and I Did Not Receive My Desired Results. How Do I Know I Will Get What I Want at Victory MedSpa?”
At Victory MedSpa our aestheticians are highly skilled injectors. They are trained to pay close attention to your muscle movement to determine the appropriate number of units that are needed to achieve your desired results. Since everyone’s body reacts differently to Botox, we will continue to work with you until you are 100% satisfied.
Additional Services Offered by Victory MedSpa’s Parent Company Victory Medical
Did You Know… Victory Medical is a one stop shop. We offer additional services for your convenience so you can tackle all your health needs in one spot.
Victory Medical Offers:
- Primary Care: annual physicals, blood work, medication management, EKG, Vaccines, X-rays, Blood work
- Heartwise Physical: a comprehensive, preventative, non-invasive, head-to-toe evaluation, that includes 26 tests and takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Pharmacy: receive prescriptions through the convenience of our pharmacy. We also offer compounded prescriptions custom measured and compounded specifically for you.
- Urgent Care: Get help whenever you may need it with our Urgent Care clinics that have extended hours.
- Natural Hormone Replacement: Want to rejoin the human race and experience renewed energy, a fulfilling sex life, and happiness again? Don’t let the effects of aging drag you down.
- MedSpa: Look and feel beautiful at our MedSpa where you will receive quality treatments and products as well as beauty consultations
- Coolsculpting: The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise.
- Ketamine Therapy: Ketamine is rapid acting, has a short duration of action, and has been known to drastically help those affected by Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and PTSD.
- Allergy: Allergy testing can improve your quality of life and shed light on the cause or trigger of your bothersome symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: Victory Medical provides state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation for pain management, neurological ailments, and the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and post-surgical needs.
- Chiropractic Therapy: Manage pain, heal faster, reduce stress, enjoy life
- Weight Loss: Medical weight loss is an effective option for individuals who haven’t had success with other methods, and for people who need their health and safety monitored every step of the way.
Ask a staff member for more information about any of our services or schedule an appointment by calling 512-462-DOCS (3627)
Leave A Comment