Photorejuvenation Laser Treatment For Skin Discoloration and Age Spots
BroadBand Light (BBL) is the world’s most powerful Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) device on the market. It sets new standards in treating skin conditions associated with aging, an active lifestyle, and sun damage.
What is Photorejuvenation?
Photorejuvenation is a laser skin treatment that is used to improve sun-damaged or discolored skin.
What Types of Skin Conditions Can be Treated With IPL or BBL Photorejuvenation Laser Skin Treatments?
There are many unwanted skin conditions which can be successfully treated with IPL or BBL laser skin treatments, such as:
- Brown spots | Sun Damage | Age Spots | Liver Spots
- Hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone
- Enlarged pores
- Acne scars
- Fine lines and wrinkles
How Do IPL or BBL Photorejuvenation Laser Skin Treatments Work?
Photorejuvenation works by exposing damaged skin to a form of carefully controlled, intense pulsed-light. This light stimulates collagen and elastin fibers, which result in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, brown spots and freckles. You will see a smoother skin texture, and a more even skin tone to following your skin treatments.
Do IPL or BBL Treatments Hurt?
Patients report that the treatment feels like a series of rubber-band snaps all over the treated areas. Although the treatment does not hurt, the feeling can be startling. Some patients prefer to take over the counter Aleve prior to their treatment.
What is the Difference Between IPL and BBL Treatments?
Although both treatments utilize carefully controlled light-therapy to achieve a similar outcome, the treatments themselves are each slightly different. Performed with different devices, the IPL and BBL treatments reach different layers of the skin and target unique attributes.
What Areas Can be Treated?
Almost any area of the body is fair game for IPL or BBL treatments. The face is the most popular area, but any other body part can also be treated; including the chest, hands, shoulders, neck, back, etc.
Who Can be Treated With IPL or BBL Photorejuvenation Laser Skin Treatments?
Men and women of all skin types and colors can be treated safely and effectively with IPL or BBL laser skin treatments.
How Many IPL or BBL Laser Skin Treatments Will I Need?
Your skin type, color, and condition will determine how many skin treatments you will need. You will notice a significant amount of clearance after just one treatment, however subsequent treatments may be needed to remove older, deeper sun damage and most patients choose to receive 5 treatments.
How Long are the IPL or BBL Treatments?
IPL and BBL treatments are relatively quick, and the size of the area being treated will dictate how long the session will take. (For a basis point, a full-face treatment takes about 15 to 30 minutes.)
What Will I Look Like Immediately After an IPL or BBL Treatment?
There is no “down-time” with IPL or BBL treatments, and right after treatment you can go back to your every-day life. Immediately after treatment, your face may feel warm and look a little pink, however these things will pass within an hour or so. Treated sun-spots will start to darken right away, and within the course of the following few days they will begin to slough themselves off to reveal clear, pristine skin underneath.
How Long Will My Results Last?
The results from IPL or BBL Photorejuvenation are permanent. The discolored areas that have been removed are gone forever.
However, these treatments can only treat existing sun damage and broken capillaries. It cannot do anything to prevent future sun damage or redness from occurring. It is important to continue to receive maintenance treatments in order to protect your investment of beautiful skin.
Additional Services Offered by Victory Medical
Did You Know… Victory Medical is a one stop shop. We offer additional services for your convenience so you can tackle all of your health needs in one spot.
Victory Medical Offers:
- Primary Care: annual physicals, blood work, medication management, EKG, Vaccines, X-rays, Blood work
- Heartwise Physical: a comprehensive, preventative, non-invasive, head-to-toe evaluation, that includes 26 tests and takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Pharmacy: receive prescriptions through the convenience of our pharmacy. We also offer compounded prescriptions custom measured and compounded specifically for you.
- Urgent Care: Get help whenever you may need it with our Urgent Care clinics that have extended hours.
- Natural Hormone Replacement: Want to rejoin the human race and experience renewed energy, a fulfilling sex life, and happiness again? Don’t let the effects of aging drag you down.
- MedSpa: Look and feel beautiful at our MedSpa where you will receive quality treatments and products as well as beauty consultations
- Coolsculpting: The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise.
- Ketamine Therapy: Ketamine is rapid acting, has a short duration of action, and has been known to drastically help those affected by Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and PTSD.
- Allergy: Allergy testing can improve your quality of life and shed light on the cause or trigger of your bothersome symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: Victory Medical provides state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation for pain management, neurological ailments, and the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and post-surgical needs.
- Chiropractic Therapy: Manage pain, heal faster, reduce stress, enjoy life
- Weight Loss: Medical weight loss is an effective option for individuals who haven’t had success with other methods, and for people who need their health and safety monitored every step of the way.
Leave A Comment