Why “Weight” Until Summer to Look and Feel Better?
Summer is right around the corner and many of us are feeling nervous as we won’t be able to hide behind our bulky sweaters or comfy pants for much longer. This is the time when people start seriously contemplating lifestyle changes, so we can look and feel fantastic once we are back in shorts and tank tops to try and avoid melting in the Texas heat.
Tips for Weight Loss and Increasing Healthy Habits:
- Drink lots of water! It is important to stay hydrated and it may sound counter-intuitive, but the more water you drink the less likely you are to retain water and look puffy from the sodium retention you experience when you are dehydrated.
- Eat smaller meals throughout the day. Every 3-4 hours works well.
- Avoid processed foods as much as possible because they do not always have the highest nutrition.
- High protein and high fiber foods will make you feel full so try grabbing those first.
- Try to avoid “white” starches and sugars such as white rice, white bread, white pasta, crackers, cookies, cereals, chips, candies, etc.
- Take every chance to walk a little more: park farther away, take the stairs if you can
- Don’t focus on the scale, instead focus on goals for behaviors. Example: I will eat 3 servings of vegetables per day. I will only drink water this week.
I Have Tried Every Weight Loss Method and Nothing Seems to Work.
Don’t get discouraged if what you have tried on your own has not worked for you. Everyone is different, and it could be the simplest area that you may have overlooked. Some people do not realize that certain foods they think are good for them are adding a lot of calories to their daily intake. Calories are confusing, and many do not know how to properly manage this simply because this was not taught in many schools growing up.
We pay people to help us with our taxes, we pay people to help us with our landscaping, and we even pay people to help give us a ride from the airport. Why not pay someone to help you manage your weight loss?
I Am Needing to Lose X Pounds In 1 Month
If you are in a hurry to lose weight, Victory Medical has options for you. We have a Rapid Weight Loss program through our Center for Medical Weight Loss. The Rapid Weight Loss program allows you to jump-start your weight loss by using HCG as well as some cooperation on your part. You will be properly assessed by a medical provider at our office to determine if you are a candidate for this type of weight loss. If so, you are trained on how to administer injections at home as well as how to maintain a low-calorie diet during this time. Some people report an average of 15-25 pounds per month using this method if they fully cooperate with what is needed on their end.
I Would Like to Lose Weight, But I Am Interested in Meal Replacement
If you are not a candidate for HCG or if you feel you cannot commit to what is needed to accomplish your goal, then maybe consider our Center for Medical Weight Loss Meal Replacement program. You will meet with our professional staff to determine your goals and needs, and they will recommend certain products and foods to help you with your diet plan. Many patients will add in exercise with this program and on average will find 10-15 pounds of weight lost per month.
My Friend Was Prescribed an Appetite Suppressant for Weight Loss and I Want to Try One Too
Amphetamine-based appetite suppressants such as Phentermine and Bontril can be useful tools in helping patients follow prescribed weight loss plans, but they also involve some risks, especially with long-term use. We want our weight loss plans to be safe and effective, so we make sure our patients are well educated throughout the process. To be prescribed an appetite suppressant, one must first schedule an appointment with one of our providers at the Center for Medical Weight Loss.
Victory Medical is a multi-specialty practice with locations in Austin, Westlake, Cedar Park, and Marble Falls. We offer various services and are a one stop shop for your needs. Services we offer include: Family Practice, Heartwise Physicals, Pharmacy, Urgent Care, Natural Hormone Replacement, MedSpa, CoolSculpting®, Allergy Treatment, Physical Therapy, and Weight Loss.