How Botox and Fillers Reduce Wrinkles
As we age, we tend to see those dreaded grey hairs appear as well as an increase in fine lines and wrinkles. These are clear signs of aging. Although this is all part of the natural aging process, you do not have to live with these signs forever. There are proven products and procedures that will help smooth away and fill in these lines and wrinkles without having to resort to something as drastic as a facelift.
At Victory MedSpa in Austin, Texas, we address the issues of fine lines and wrinkles daily. This is one of the most common requests that we get from potential clients. We use Botox® and a variety of dermal fillers to accomplish this. In order to see if you are a candidate for this type of treatment, it is always recommended to call for a free consultation.
How is Botox® Used?
Botox® is most commonly used to help smooth out lines that are created when we are expressing ourselves through conversation, smiling, or laughing. These expression lines easily smooth away when your face is at rest, but when animated, they can be very noticeable and cause you to look older. Many of these expression lines occur in the more active areas of your face such as the forehead, smile, grimace, eyes, or frown areas.
What are the most popular areas Botox® is used to treat?
Many people choose to receive Botox® treatment in the forehead because this area tends to create the most expressive lines when someone is having an animated conversation. Many patients also opt to have Botox® administered in the crow’s lines that occur near the eyes. However, there are many popular areas to treat to achieve a more youthful appearance.
Is Botox® Permanent?
Botox® is a temporary treatment that can last up to several months for most people. To keep your wrinkles and fine lines hidden, it is best to start a maintenance program and continue your efforts.
How are Fillers Used?
Fillers are used to treat static wrinkles (or wrinkles that are there all the time no matter if you are expressing yourself). Fillers are typically made of a gel-like substance containing hyaluronic acid which is a substance is found naturally in the body. Think of your skin as being deflated when there is a wrinkle. When the filler is injected, it inflates the area which in return creates a smoothing effect. Hyaluronic acid is known to pull moisture from the body to fill in the area even more.
These days there are many options out there. To understand what the best option for your needs may be, it is best to schedule a complementary consultation with the experienced team at Victory MedSpa. Contact us for a Botox® or dermal filler consultation in Austin, TX.
Additional Services Offered by Victory Medical
Did You Know… Victory Medical is a one stop shop. We offer additional services for your convenience so you can tackle all of your health needs in one spot.
Victory Medical Offers:
- Primary Care: annual physicals, blood work, medication management, EKG, Vaccines, X-rays, Blood work
- Heartwise Physical: a comprehensive, preventative, non-invasive, head-to-toe evaluation, that includes 26 tests and takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Pharmacy: receive prescriptions through the convenience of our pharmacy. We also offer compounded prescriptions custom measured and compounded specifically for you.
- Urgent Care: Get help whenever you may need it with our Urgent Care clinics that have extended hours.
- Natural Hormone Replacement: Want to rejoin the human race and experience renewed energy, a fulfilling sex life, and happiness again? Don’t let the effects of aging drag you down.
- MedSpa: Look and feel beautiful at our MedSpa where you will receive quality treatments and products as well as beauty consultations
- Coolsculpting: The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise.
- Ketamine Therapy: Ketamine is rapid acting, has a short duration of action, and has been known to drastically help those affected by Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and PTSD.
- Allergy: Allergy testing can improve your quality of life and shed light on the cause or trigger of your bothersome symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: Victory Medical provides state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation for pain management, neurological ailments, and the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and post-surgical needs.
- Chiropractic Therapy: Manage pain, heal faster, reduce stress, enjoy life
- Weight Loss: Medical weight loss is an effective option for individuals who haven’t had success with other methods, and for people who need their health and safety monitored every step of the way.
Ask a staff member for more information about any of our services or schedule an appointment by calling 512-462-DOCS (3627)
Leave A Comment